Community Action Partnership of Hennepin County (CAP-HC) provides full-cycle homeownership services to help income-eligible households become and remain successful homeowners. Our experienced Housing Advisors will respectfully and confidentially review your situation so that you can choose the best option for your housing needs.
CAP-HC's homeownership programs offers pre- and post-purchase counseling, foreclosure prevention assistance, reverse mortgage counseling, and information concerning home rehab and maintenance. We are a HUD-approved housing counseling agency and our home buyer curriculum meets or exceeds the requirements of HUD, MHFA, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac programs.
- Foreclosure Prevention - The Foreclosure Prevention Program helps homeowners who are in danger of losing their homes due to an approaching foreclosure. The program provides counseling, advocacy, referrals to additional resources and other assistance to households facing foreclosure.
- Home Repair & Rehabilitation - CAP-HC's Rehab advisors assists homeowners in prioritizing projects to improve the structural integrity of their home.
- Reverse Mortgage Assistance - CAP-HC offers reverse mortgage counseling to guide older homeowners (62+) through the process and assist in getting equity from your home. A reverse mortgage is a special type of mortgage that may enable older homeowners to remain in their home for as long as they choose. It is a loan against home equity that provides homeowners with cash advances according to the plan they select.
- Home buyer Counseling - CAP-HC's Homebuyer services provide valuable counseling regarding the homebuying process.
- Homebuyer Education (Home Stretch Workshops)- The workshop, led by a certified instructor, guides potential homebuyers step-by-step, through the home buying process. After completing the workshop series, individuals may be eligible for special Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA) financing, down payment and/or closing cost assistance.
- Rental Support Services - CAP-HC's Rental Support Services assist homeless families in securing safe and stable housing.