Community Action Partnership Hennepin County (CAP-HC) works to establish services, programs and partnerships that address poverty and increase family and economic stability in our communities.
CAP-HC is an equal opportunity employer.
*** Please save employment application to your computer prior to filling out to be able to save and e-mail it ***
ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM MANAGER
The Manager is responsible for all aspects of the Energy Assistance Program, including planning, operations, contract compliance, staff and budget supervision. S/He conducts planning and implementation of program operations, oversees evaluation components, acts as an effective spokesperson for the program, supervises program staff and works with community partners to raise awareness of available programs.
Duties and responsibilities
Planning and Reporting
- Ensure compliance with the Energy Assistance Program (EAP) contract and adherence to the state plan and manual requirements
- Work with Director of Program Operations to develop and implement the EAP plan for Hennepin County
- Prepare EAP Local Plan and regular reports for Minnesota Department of Commerce
- Participate in monitoring visits and audits with Commerce
- Prepare program reports for Director of Program Operations, Executive Director, and CAP-HC board, as needed
- Perform analysis of processes and systems performance in meeting program goals
- Establish priorities and systems for sending and processing applications
Daily Operations and Coordination
- Supervise the Energy Assistance Program’s daily operations
- Oversee professional communication with clients including assuring that telephones are staffed and calls are answered through assigned intake staff and volunteers
- Oversee file management, physical office space, office supplies and printing requests
- Utilize Laserfiche Workflow to process EAP applications
- Oversee quality control aspect of processing applications
- Develop application materials
- Work with the Director of Program Operations and the Communications Coordinator to develop and maintain outreach materials as well as client resource and referral information
- Oversee delivery of Crisis and Emergency Related Repairs
- Act as agency EAP Appeals Officer by reviewing and responding to EAP client appeals and complaints
Payments and Budget Control
- Process payments, refunds and donations for, Crisis, Primary Heat and Reach Out for Warmth programs
- Work closely with the Director of Energy Programs and fiscal department to develop and monitor EAP budget and expenditures
- Track spending of all EAP funds
- Coordinate with ERR Coordinator ERR Fund requests as needed
- Directly supervise all Energy Assistance staff
- Identify staffing needs and create job descriptions and postings
- Hire, schedule, train, develop, and supervise Energy Assistance Program staff
- Conduct annual employee reviews and on-going evaluation of performance
- Be available to staff for decisions and clarifications on procedures and technical questions
Outreach, Vendor and Community Relationships
- Log outreach activities
- Oversee outreach efforts for wide distribution of information about energy programs
- Arrange for outreach to and intake for vulnerable populations
- Coordinate outreach efforts with Director of Program Operations, Communications Coordinator, and Director of Planning and Development
- Supervise and monitor agreements, relationships, and compliance with vendors including negotiations, consumption gathering and communications
- Establish and maintain clear communication with Xcel Energy, CenterPoint Energy, Sustainable Resources Center, Heat Share, and other vendors and stakeholders
- Communicate and develop working relationships with other social service providers
- Conduct and/or attend internal EAP staff meetings, CAP-HC meetings, EACA meetings, Department of Commerce meetings, and collaborative meetings with other stakeholders as needed
- Coordinate supervise and track partnership activities including Water’s Off, Heat’s On, Stay Safe. Stay Warm, Stay Connected Clinics, and other partnerships as they arise
- Proficient with eHEAT
- Manage Laserfiche Workflow system
- Work with Systems Administrator to coordinate between various software systems (e.g. eHeat, Laserfiche, and CAP60)
On a regular and continuous basis, the Manager exercises administrative judgement and assumes responsibility for those decisions. S/He makes decisions and establishes work priorities for themselves and other staff members. S/He exercises judgement and makes decisions regarding the best methods of implementation, recognizes challenges, and develops solutions in areas of responsibility.
- Attends EAP and CAP-HC staff meetings as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
- AA degree or 2 years post high school education
- Five to seven years experience in management,the administration of customer service, social services, education, community resources.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- One to three years experience in management , the administration of customer service, social services,
- General computer skills
- Works in an office environment.
- Must be able to perform job duties and responsibilities. Reasonable accommodations will be considered.
Scope of Responsibility
- Supervises EAP program staff .
- Carries out duties under direction of the Director of Energy Programs.
- Makes decisions within the parameters of assigned duties.
How to Apply
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to Laura Seymour at LSeymour@caphennepin.org.