Board of Directors
CAP-HC has opportunities for Hennepin County residents interested in getting involved in streghtening communities in Hennepin County and helping remove barriers that low-to-moderate income residents face. The Board of Directors for CAP-HC represents private, public and community interests. We seek dedicated volunteers to apply for membership on the Board of Directors. Board members play an important role in guiding the agency and assisting people currently living in poverty.
CAP-HC is a private, non-profit agency funded by federal, state, and local grants to help people experiencing poverty, and work to eliminate the causes of poverty. We currently counsels prospective home buyers, assists homeowners facing foreclosure, educates the community about poverty and related issues, and works in partnership with human services providers to address the needs of people in poverty.
2017 CAPSH Board of Directors
Representing Hennepin County Commissioner Jeff Johnson
Mary Brindle - Chair
Daniel DuHamel- Treasurer
Commissioner Debbie Goettel
Representing Hennepin County Commissioner Jan Callison
David Krause- Secretary
Interested in Serving on Our Board?
The primary function of the Board is to provide general policy guidance to the organization. A Board member is expected to observe, listen, evaluate and contribute to the process of Board decision-making. The Board is responsible for providing long-term financial objectives and monitoring program outcomes against CAP-HC's mission. A Board member may serve for a maximum of eight consecutive terms.
A Board member should:
- Act to represent the interests, and provide a perspective that is respectful of the group of citizens s/he represents (private, public, community)
- Respect and listen to diverse opinions
- Read written materials and prepare in advance of Board Meetings
- Channel all communications to staff through the Executive Director
- Attend committee and Board meetings
- Seek opportunities to become more informed about the organization
- Be fair and unbiased
- Have no conflict of interest with agency/programs
Estimated Time Commitment: Monthly Board meeting: 1-2 hours, Preparation: 1-2 Hours
Location of Activities: Meetings generally take place at CAPSH's St. Louis Park office
Community Sector representatives will be reimbursed for mileage.
If interested, please call Scott Zemke at 952-697-1303 for more information.
2017 Board of Director Meeting Dates & Times
- Thursday, January 26, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, February 23, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, March 23, 5:00 PM
***Annual Board Meeting
- Thursday, April 27, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, May 25, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, June 22, 6:00 PM
- Thursday, August 24, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, September 28, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, October 26, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, November 23, 6:30 PM
- Thursday, December 28, 6:30 PM
2017 CAPSH Committee Meetings
7:30 AM- Executive Committee
8:15 AM- Finance & Investment Oversight Committee